Tricycle Theatre evacuated due to fire

tricycle

Kilburn’s Tricycle Theatre had to evacuate 400 patrons last night, as a fire spread from a kitchen above a neighbouring medical.

The incident occurred during a screening of new Ben Affleck thriller Gone Girl and fire crews had to close Kilburn High road for an hour and a half to contain it.

Station Manager Sam Kazmanli, who was at the scene, said: “Around 400 people were evacuated from the theatre and cinema on the upper floors of the building as a precaution but our crews worked very quickly to stop this fire from spreading and to contain it to a kitchen on the first floor.”

Juliet Styles was enjoying a ‘date’ by herself as per her @julietrstyles twitter account and tweeted to let her followers know of the incident.

“Police and four fire engines dealing with the fire on Kilburn high road. Solo date night has ended with me stood outside shivering,” she said before uploading the following updates.

Twitter @julietrstyles
Twitter @julietrstyles

Another witness, handle @StrikerBueller, uploaded the following photographic statuses to Twitter:

Twitter @StrikerBueller
Twitter @StrikerBueller
Twitter @StrikerBueller
Twitter @StrikerBueller

 

 

COMMENTS (0)

Sign in or create your account to join the discussion

Register now to keep updated with the latest Irish news

  • Email updates
  • Competitions and give aways
  • Full access to 28 years of archives

Sign up to our Newsletter to be in with a chance to win a snazzy iPad and for all the latest...

  • Email updates
  • Regular features
  • Competitions and give aways