By staff reporter
To celebrate Father’s Day (Sunday, June 15), Eason in Ireland has come up with a list of the top 10 ‘fatherisms’ as voted for by its Facebook fans.
Eason also shared their list of the Top 10 Greatest Fathers in Literature.
Top 10 fatherisms as voted for by Eason Facebook fans:
1. Ask your mother.
2. I better cut the grass; it’s due to rain tomorrow.
3. You’re not going out in that are you?
4. That Lidl is a great place all together.
5. I will in my eye!
6. You know what you can do for me now.
7. Eating ham sandwiches from the boot of the car at GAA matches.
8. No, it’s too cold to snow.
9. Suppose you had the phone on silent.
10. It was far from sushi you were reared!
Eason’s Top 10 Greatest Fathers in Literature (in no particular order):
Ross O’Carroll Kelly
Grandpa Joe Bucket: (Roald Dahl: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
Bob Cratchit (Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol)
Ned Stark (George RR Martin: Game of Thrones)
Tom Oakley (Michelle Magorian: Goodnight Mister Tom)
Pa Ingalls (Laura Ingalls Wilder: Little House on the Prairie)
Atticus Finch (Harper Lee: To Kill A Mockingbird)
Benji Bennett (author, Before You Go To Sleep)
Simon Fitzmaurice (author, It’s Not Yet Dark)