Brent officers are stepping up their patrol strategy around community areas and temples where members of the Asian and Hindu communities congregate in a bid to curb jewellery theft both on the streets and at their homes whilst they are out celebrating.
- Do not wear valuables in public.
- Cover them up so as to not attract untoward attention when in public.
- Store high-value goods in a safe when you are not at home.
- Remember to secure the safe to the floor or wall.
- Photograph any items of jewellery separately. This will assist insurance companies and the police in their recovery.
- Where possible, and if you are wearing or holding valuable items, always travel to and from your celebration in a group using well-lit streets.
- Try to avoid walking alone.
- If you drive, keep your car locked and remember where it is parked.
- Consider the use of Property Identity pens and unique encoded traceable liquids.
To get more crime prevention tips and advice on how to keep your possessions safe