LOCAL — 06 August 2014

rowan

The mother of a man who was shot dead in Harlesden later last year is appealing for witnesses and information in the hope that her son’s killer will finally be caught.

Ruth Thomas has made the appeal eight months after the murder of her son Rowan Thomas-Williams, 20 who died last December.

Ruth Thomas said: “”Rowan’s loss is not only felt by me, but also his father, his children and his younger sisters. Rowan was only a young man when his life was taken. Rowan had his whole life ahead of him. He was at the age where he wanted to build a future for himself and his children.

“Rowan would visit me regularly; he was going to go to university to study Media in the hope of having a career in music. We would always discuss this as a family where he would tell us about his dreams; I could see this would have a positive effect on his younger sisters.

“The loss of my son is heart wrenching, words can not explain just how bad I feel. Rowan was my first born, we had that special bond, and he is and always will be my baby boy.”

Police will be returning to the area this afternoon to speak to people who may know more about Rowan’s death. He was celebrating a birthday with close friends on Friday December 6 when police were alerted to reports of gunshots near Mulberry Court, Elgar Avenue at 1.30am, but found no one with injuries.

Meanwhile, Rowan’s friends took him to a hospital where he was transferred to a North West London hospital. He was pronounced dead later that morning from a gunshot wound to the chest.

Detectives are also offering a reward of up to £20,000 leading to the identification, arrest and prosecution of the person or persons responsible for Rowan’s murder in the hope that someone will come forward with vital information.

The circumstances that lead to Rowan’s death are still unclear and detectives retain an open mind in regards to the motive but they believe he was involved in an altercation near Mulberry Court, during which he was shot.

Detective Chief Inspector Graeme Gwyn of the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) said: “Eight months on following the shooting we are still no further along with identifying the person or persons responsible for Rowan’s murder. I am convinced that there are people in the local community who have important information or know who is responsible and I would urge those with information to come forward and assist us with our investigation.

“We will be in the area appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the altercation that took place and subsequently the shooting. Since Rowan’s murder allegiances may have changed and I am hoping that those who did not engage with us at the time of the incident are now in a position to do so.

“This was a callous and brutal murder and Rowan’s mother and wider family have been left completely devastated. If you have any information please do not remain silent, anything we do receive will be treated sensitively and in the upmost confidence.”

Anyone with any information is asked to contact the incident room on 0208 721 4805 or Crimestoppers anonymously 0n 0800 555 111.

A 50-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder, and has since been bailed to a date in January.

“I am still in shock and always will be. Rowan has been taken away and will never return. I believe that there are members of the local community who have information about what happened that night. I would plead for these people to come forward and tell the police. As a family we need closure, although this will never bring Rowan back I need to know why I will never see my son again,” his mother added.

Print Friendly

Share

About Author

fionao

(0) Readers Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>